Pages

Monday 20 July 2015

Library fun

Monday is library day in the Monkey household.

Well actually it's ballet day but as we get off the bus right outside the library on the way home we quite often pop in.

When I was little I loved getting new books from the library but I hated actually going to the library. Everybody seemed so cross and miserable. Talking was out, even if it was about the books.

Luckily it's not like that anymore. The libraries near me are fun places to visit. There is always something going on. They're full of fun and kids are actually encouraged to talk about their books and get excited to them.

When I was on maternity leave I used to spend whole days at the library doing baby yoga, baby massage, playing with lego, meeting friends in the cafe and of course looking at books! We can't do that now I'm back at work but we still enjoy our visits.

Today we met friends in the library cafe for dinner. Although I'm still very upset that our breastfeeding journey has come to an end, it is lovely to be able to eat whatever I want. I treated myself to a ham and cheese toastie and lemon drizzle cake. Monkey had bacon - she loves a bit of bacon!

Us mummies had a nice chat while we had dinner and then we took the babies upstairs to play.


First she did some climbing.


And then she played with some toys.


Next a bit of colouring.


And then finally we chose some books. Today we picked
  • Baby Sparkle Farm
  • Spot loves Sport by Eric Hill
  • Peepo by Janet & Allan Ahlberg
  • Rhyming Stories by Axel Schleffer
  • The Usborne Book of Baby Animal Stories
  • The Littlest Bear by Gillian Shields
We spent a good couple of hours at the library and had lots of fun. Monkey is already enjoying the books we borrowed. Here she is enjoying the glitter in Baby Sparkle Farm.



No comments:

Post a Comment