Pages

Wednesday 12 August 2015

A bad day

Monkey has allergies. Lots of allergies.

It can be scary at times, a pain at others but most of the time it's just how she is. We had the worry of the diagnosis but now we just avoid dairy, soya, egg, wheat, apples and pears and on the whole she's fine.

Every now and again though, I have a day where it really gets to me. Today is one of those days.

I've no idea why today is bothering me. She's not had a reaction and is her usual happy self. She's been weighed today and is gaining weight.

I know I should be looking at the positives and usually I do. But today it bothers me that my 13 month old us still only 16lb 11, it bothers me that she's so close to walking but nowhere near getting shoes that fit, it bothers me that they're talking about more tests and it bothers me that she's described as complex.

What bothers me the most is that there's nothing I can do to change it. Knowing it's 'just one of those things' doesn't help. Realistically I know it's nothing I did but I can't help wondering about all those cheese and onion pies I craved during pregnancy.

She's getting older now and notices if we're eating something different to her. She's still too young to understand though. I have no idea what I'm going to tell her. I don't want to scare her but I do need her to know it's important. It's another thing that bothers me when I'm having a bad day.

There's no real point to this post except to say that even when allergies are well managed, they're a constant worry. It's hard to be an allergy mum.

Anyway enough feeling sorry for myself. Here's Monkey looking gorgeous yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment