Pages

Friday 7 August 2015

#allergyhour

Did you know that there's an allergy hour on twitter?

Neither did I! I was just scrolling through last night, not really doing anything just bored when a tweet caught my eye. I can't even remember who the tweet was from but it included the hashtag #allergyhour so I decided to click and see what it was all about.

And I'm so glad I did.

I found myself talking to other allergy mummies, bloggers, doctors, free from food suppliers and all kinds of other people with in interest in allergies. There was advice, there was support, there was ranting, there was guilt but most of all there were people that 'get it'

I try to be positive about Monkey's allergies. I know on the whole she's happy and healthy and there are people out there dealing with a lot worse. It is a constant worry though, I spend my life worrying that she's going to get hold of the wrong thing and trying new foods is always scary. It was great chatting to people who had these same feelings and being able to feel slightly less neurotic.

I really enjoyed allergy hour. Officially it takes place from 8.30-9.30pm on a Thursday but I was chatting to people long after that. I'll definitely be back next week!

1 comment:

  1. That is great you've found somewhere to chat to other parents dealing with allergies. I am very lucky to not have any in my family, I don't know how I would cope. I really take my hat off to you, as you have to be so careful in what you feed your child. I couldn't do it! #weekendbloghop Sabrina x

    ReplyDelete